Friday, October 9, 2020

We're Back

Market List; Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans, Chinese Yard Long Beans, Red Arrow Radishes, Tomatillos, Tomatoes, Egyptian Walking Onions, Swiss Chard, Basil, Dill, Zinnia Bouquets and Slow Food Free Range Non GMO Duck Eggs and Chicken Eggs.
We desperately need Jars. If you have some canning jars (the canning jar lid fits and tightens) large or small- please return them at our stand at the Market. 

So we took a little break, which of course we always pay for with extra work getting ready and having to hustle when we return, no projects being done while Bill is off- but one really needs time away. We came home about 2 O'clock, had a lovely customer/friend drop off some new grape vines. I went to pick tomatoes and beans but UPS stopped by to tell me that the sheep were out down the road. So I was chasing sheep and Bill was fixing fences before we got to the garden. It cost me some zinnia harvesting time. Speaking of Zinnias, I'm happy to report that the frost that came(the night that we left) completely missed us. My neighbor got a bit but as usual, our set up allowed us a couple of extra weeks.. 

The latest news on the Winter Market is that they want us to have Market in our normal spot twice a month all Winter. I'd like to hear from you all to see if you'd like us to come to Market or do Food Drops again. Of course it's because of the COVID but I just don't know about standing out in the cold for 6 hours in undependable weather. I don't mind being cold or wet but cold and wet together...not my bag. I have considered just parking near the Market on those days and you all could order and pick up at the same time that you go to Market. Just some options. 

The prediction is for some lovely weather tomorrow Some GREAT NEWS; Kitchen Culture will be back for 4 weekends starting tomorrow! They will be right next to us on the square. You can grab your sandwich and some Green Tea with Jasmine or Lemonade to enjoy with it.  

We'll see you tomorrow. God's Blessings on you and yours. 

TTFN, 

Bill and Sam 



 

No comments: