Friday, November 11, 2016

What Happened While I was Gone



Market List; Salad Mix, Pak Choi, Tomatillos, Rainbow Cherry Mix Tomatoes,
Some slicing/salad tomatoes.
Lamb bones still on sale and stew meat
Non GMO Eggs and I have garnered enough tomatoes to do a small batch of Famous Salsa

The formatting is not working right on BlogSpot today so if it looks off...

Thanks to everyone who sent me condolences for my Aunt Carlotta, my dad's oldest sister. I really appreciate it.
Since I talked to you all, we had a couple more lambs born. This one above is Chrysanthemum's first lamb. It's a little ewe. As you know, we name all our sheep after flowers and sometimes farm stuff. I named this lamb Passion for of course the Passion Flower.
Another darling colored ewe was born last Sunday thanks to our black ram Indigo, we have never had one this shade. She is so beautiful that I haven't settled on a name yet.
I thought of Apricot, Saffron and Quince, I even considered Jersey as she looks just like a little cow. What do you think?

I got quite a bit of canning done this week, Smoked Tomatillo Salsa and Garlicky Chili Sauce but today I am picking almost everything in the garden except the smallest stuff that won't be affected by frost. We have not been hit yet but there is a strong possibility tonight. It's a shame as our tomatoes as well as tomatillos are gorgeous and loaded. That's the way it goes this time of year.
Last week, one of the Bill's put up another glass wall in the Greenhouse. Now I can pick tomatoes from the outside without walking in the beds.

We have one more 12 ft. wall to do to be all glassed in on the greenhouse side. So if anyone is getting rid of sliding glass doors, we need 4 more.

Tomorrow we will be outside. It will be cold so bundle up. There is a lot of good stuff still at the market for healthy eating as well as those holiday gifts. Next weekend we will be at Schlafly.

God's Blessings on you and yours,

TTFN,

Sam and Bill and Bill







.

No comments: