Thursday, August 11, 2016

On the Other Side

You guys don't think about it, but before the season starts, we Farmers are counting the days until the season is over, before we even get the first plants in that are waiting until the last frost to happens. Mid Season, we are thinking, June, July, 30, 60, 90 days left, yep- I still have time to plant X or no I don't have time to plant -Y. We're on the other side already. I can't believe it. It seems like last week that I was saying "I can't believe that it's time for the summer market already and here we are only about 65 days from the first average frost date. No more left to plant hot weather crops, its all cool from here. In many ways of course, it's a good thing. I'm kinda tired. It's that time of year when I'm not only weeding, picking and planting but now the canning is coming on hot and heavy-like the humidity around her. Putting up Pickles and Charred Tomatillo Salsa, tomato juice and other items for winter. Still right now it's still Summer, and we'll see you Saturday for Grass Fed Lamb, Tomatoes and Concord Grapes.
God's Blessings on you and yours,

TTFN

Sam, Bill and Rayven who learned how to make pickles this week.

No comments: