Thursday, May 21, 2015

It's All a Blur

Seems like just yesterday I was writing the Market list for last week. I can't tell you where the time went, mostly to drying out from the rain I'm sure, but here we are, preparing again for the market, Looks like the rain will hold off this week and here is the list.

Spicy Stir Fry or Sauté Mix
 Kale, Chard, Beet, Lambs Quarter, Red Mustard and Watermelon Radish Greens
 
Sassy Summer Salad Mix
 Arugula, Shallot Greens, Escarole, Lettuce, baby Kale and Lambs Quarter, Pea shoots and Radish Flowers
 
Eggs
Slow Food Grant Cayuga Duck Eggs and Chicken too. Remember, we switched to non GMO feed. Our birds are free range
Buy from us for a safer, richer egg
 
Shallot Greens
 Tender, delicate and amazing flavor- a must try
Garlic Greens
Strong and a great addition to any meal, cooked or raw
 
Lamb-
Yes, we have lamb again! Lots of stuff for the Grill; Leg and Chump Steaks and Chops, Shanks and hopefully Kabob meat.
 
Tomato and Veggie Plants
30 varieties (yes 30!) of Heirloom tomatoes, 4 Hybrids, Cucumber and Eggplant, Tomatillo and Serrano Peppers, All grown in organic potting mix using only safe seed from Safe seed sources.
We have some new offerings this week; Violet Jasper, Orange Strawberry, Purple Carbon and Tie Dye Berkeley. There is still lots of time to plant. I know we still are and will be for a couple of weeks yet.  
 
I know everyone is jonesing for some of my Famous Salsa but it will be a couple of weeks yet. See, I only make this salsa when the tomatoes are fresh. I know there are some tomatoes at the market but they are sourced mostly from farms in Northern Mo and Central IL and not from our farmers yet. Our Garden farm is the exception to this. Buila Farm will be next I am sure as they always are ahead of the game. When tomatoes get in or mine come in, then I will have Sam's Famous Salsa as I only want the best tasting salsa for my customers. Our tomatoes and our tomatillos are already blooming. There are many imitators but only one Sam's Famous Salsa. It's worth the wait.
 
We will see you Saturday at Tower Grove Market, stop by and congratulate Becca on her Straight A Grade point average in College.
 
Oh Yes, Don't forget about our Lemonade and Green Tea with Jasmine
 
God's Blessings on you and Yours
 
TTFN
 
Sam and Bill
 
 
 
 

No comments: