Friday, September 21, 2012

Last Days of Summer

 
This week at Tower Grove Farmers Market, look for Principe Borghese, Chocolate and Black Cherry tomatoes, Indigo Rose and SunGolds. We will be bringing Perilla, an Asian Basil used for Sushi, stirfry, Japanese and Korean dishes. Sam's Famous Salsa is still around as well as
Cherry Seranno Pepper Jelly.
We will have some pears, Pesticide free Bouquets and of course...L e m o n a d e
 
As we wind up the season, it seems as if it were yesterday that I was writing about winding up LAST season. Of course while you are living, especially with what we went through this year, it seems as if everything took so long. Now it feels like it all went by in a flash. We have so much to be thankful for this year even though Billy and I are struggling with being apart. So many people have helped us. I'll make a list but I'm sure I'll miss someone as there have been so many. My mom for keeping things going week to week, my sister in law Pam, mother in law Bessie who along w/my school chum from forever- Sal who filled in the gaps. Anne who went along to markets and I'm sure will again.
If not for the Brabos, maybe we wouldn''t have even gotten planted, the Oglanders(Lander)-Jack and Vicki for support, seedlings and extraneous flowers. Charli and her church and family especially Scout and Andrew for hawking granola. My always valiant Uncle Jack who solves all the problems, Nicola and The Famous Julie Holley-well they know what she did. My church family at Leslie who have listened to me whine and helped me harvest and load. Neighbors Rusty and Karla helped Vicki keeps the animals fed while I was in the hospital. Brother in Law Merle keeps my vehicle going while Billy is in Stupid Texas. So many others for their support everyone at Market, especially Clair at Double Star Farm's contributions, the Wissmans for their prayers and Libby and Lori for keeping me company. Mostly after God for giving me all these things-my husband Billy. I write these excerpts from the farm as they are from both of us but you wives know how that goes. Still, I have the best husband in the world. He is always there for me and does what it takes to make sure that I am taken care of. I don't know why things have ended up this way with us having to be apart but maybe in the sweet by and by I will understand all of this. Until then....

TTFN

God's Blessings on you and Yours,

No comments: