Thursday, July 2, 2015

Fourth Of July

Yes! We will be @ Tower Grove on Saturday and the forecast is clear for the morning.
The Market will be from 8:30-12:30 so you have plenty of time before the barbeque to pick up our wonderful Grass Fed Lamb, Pickles and Cherry Serrano Pepper Jelly for glazing those ribs and chops.

It's been an interesting week here. Still flooded but safe. So I thought I would burn some brush while everything was damp and threw in my cell phone while I was at it. Sigh.


We have at 2 Cayuga ducks sitting on nests. There are probably more as I am reading the signs, but I haven't found them yet. I always love baby duck time here on the farm.


The great thing about the rain is that the grass is growing really fast for the sheep. Not quite as fast as they can eat it but it is making it easier on switching pastures. 35 Sheep can really burn through a field in nothing flat. We switched pastures last week and I thought they would be in the new field for a couple of weeks but already I am thinking we will have to move them Sunday at the latest. We are really working on improving our pastures with Crimson Clover, Oats, Brome and turnips. So we can keep them out of our yard which is where this pic was taken. I'm really tired of replacing perennials.

We'll see you Saturday.

God's Blessings on you and yours,

TTFN,

Bill and Sam

Find us on Twitter  @SunflowerSavannah
 

No comments: